Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
• Books and Resources for this Week 6 o Research Methods for the Behavioral Scie
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
• Books and Resources for this Week 6
o Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences
• Week 6 – Signature Assignment 1: Evaluate Quantitative Research Methods for Potential Studies
This Signature Assignment consists of two parts that will be compiled into a single submission.
Review the scenarios and related research questions below. Create some context for the identified scenario and research question. Then, select one research method that could address the research questions (one for each) based on the section topics and readings. For each method, discuss what the method is, how it would be designed to support the research question and the rationale for choosing the selected method.
Then, discuss the hypotheses you might have in support. Explain the following and justify your response:
• Identify the population that might be considered.
• Explain the sampling process to be used.
• Propose a collection strategy.
• Determine an analysis process that could be applied. In particular, identify and support an appropriate analysis process, and explain why.
• Discuss any ethical considerations.
You must clearly describe the key points of each area, supporting each step with citations to your course text as well as peer-reviewed studies that directly align with the key areas discussed.
Scenario: Literature has revealed that there is a need to understand television-watching behaviors between two groups of students. The following research question was developed in support:
Research Question for Method 1: Do undergraduate college psychology students watch more TV than psychology graduate students?
Scenario: Research demonstrates that there is a need to identify whether there is a relationship between individuals who have high cholesterol and depression, as this could help reveal additional, related risk factors for health concerns. The following research question was developed in support:
Research Question for Method 2: What is the relationship, if any, between high cholesterol and depression?
For Part 2, reflect on your experiences. First person perspective is acceptable. In the reflection, begin by considering your research learning experiences for the first six weeks of this course, and then address the following:
• Describe your experiences of engaging the activities and material for Weeks 1-5.
o What was new information to you?
o What was familiar?
o What did you enjoy the most and why (if at all)?
o What did you enjoy the least and why (if at all)?
• What preconceived notions did you have about quantitative methods and how have your experiences over these weeks supported or conflicted with them?
• As you continue exploring research on your topic of interest and a potential research problem and research questions, and if the research was revealing that a quantitative study was more appropriate, how comfortable are you with implementing a quantitative research study (again, consider how the problem and research questions guide this direction)?
Support your assignment (for Part 1) with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Part 1 Length: 8 pages
Part 2 Length: 3 pages
Total Length: 11pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.