Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Books and Resources for this Week 7 PSY 7111 Research Methods for the Behavioral
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Books and Resources for this Week 7 PSY 7111
Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences
Golafshani, N. (2003). Understanding reliability and validity in qualitative research. The Qualitative Report, 8(4), 597-606.
Connelly, L. M. (2016). Trustworthiness in qualitative research. Medsurg Nursing, 25(6), 435-436.
Shento, A. K. (2004). Strategies for ensuring trustworthiness in qualitative research projects. Education for Information, 22(2004), 63-75.
Garcia, J., Unger, J. B., Cruz, T. B., Garcia, R., & Baezconde-Garbanati, L. (2016). Who walks into vape shops in Southern California?
Week 7 – Assignment 1: Analyze Methods to Develop a Research Chart
You will now add information from this week’s materials to your Research Chart.
In the corresponding section, provide the name(s) of the method you reviewed, its primary use and when it should be used, strengths and limitations of the method, ethical considerations, and one example of when the method could be used (include your interests or something more general).
Length: Updated research chart, not including title and reference pages. Be sure to cite this week’s resources used in your assignment.
Week 7 – Assignment 2: Evaluate a Possible Observation Scenario
For each week of Section 2, you will have the opportunity to review a scenario and apply the method and critique the process. This week, you will explore the naturalistic observation process as well as areas of trustworthiness. Remember, trustworthiness must be considered for any qualitative/non-experimental design. You are invited to be creative with the scenarios in so far as how they relate to the method of the given week and the questions posed for evaluation.
Here is the scenario for this week:
You are a research psychologist and have initiated a research study to assess how couples relate and communicate with each other in both mundane and conflict situations. For this study, you have opted to create a natural “home” setting at the research laboratory.
In approach to this scenario, prepare a brief paper that evaluates the following:
• Explain how you might design the “home” setting. What considerations would you make in developing the environment? Be sure to explain and support your answer.
• Determine if this is a natural or contrived research setting. Be sure to explain and support your answer.
• Determine how you might operationalize observations. Be sure to explain and support your answer. *Hint: Refer to behavioral categories and ways in which observations may be quantified.
• Explain how you might design the setting to facilitate unobtrusive observations.
• Interpret how observations could potentially be intrusive in this study. Explain the role intrusiveness would have on the setting and potential results.
Support your assignment with at least one scholarly resource. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 1-page, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Week 7 – Assignment 3: Document Weekly Reflections
For this week’s reflection, consider the following points:
• Explain the research situations that may require you to use naturalistic observation (be sure to give examples/be specific).
• Examine the limitations and benefits learned about this method and its use.
• Analyze any ethical considerations with implementing this method.
• Reflect on your experience with this week’s scenario activity and case example.
• Include any questions you may have for your professor.
Length: 2- pages, not including the title page (and resource page if applicable)
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards where appropriate.