Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Briefly describe the structure of a eukaryotic plasma membrane, identifying at least two component macromolecules and describing what their basic function is within the membrane.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Please complete # 1 or #5 and one of the other questions listed.
Your assignment should be submitted in a Word document (or similar program) and should be at least 3 pages in length, double-spaced with 1-inch margins, and written in Times New Roman size 12 font. You should provide a word count at the end of your written assignment. Cite any reference(s) you use in the preparation of your essay using proper APA format. Be sure to compose your work with your own words. Do not copy and paste from any source.
Use in-text citation and provide source references for at least 3 sources. Check all content for grammar, spelling and be sure that you have properly cited all resources (in APA format) used.
1. An adaptation or adaptive trait is a trait/characteristic that has evolved in a population of organisms which provides a functional advantage. Adaptations increase the biological fitness of a population. Fitness is defined as the ability to survive and pass genes on to subsequent generations.
For the purposes of this assignment, you are to choose an adaptive trait common to more than one species. For example, birds and bats both have wings, you may not use birds and bats wing.
Please include the following.
? Describe what makes this trait an adaptation.
? Briefly describe how the trait evolved, e.g., mutation, genetic drift, migration and/or natural selection. Be sure to support your answer with evidence.
? What is the difference between homologous and analogous traits? How does your trait of choice fit either of these descriptions?
2. The pH of a solution describes its acidity or alkalinity: Describe how pH and H3O+ concentration is related and explain why diluting an acid raises the pH, but diluting a base lowers the pH.
3. Briefly summarize the processes of mitosis and meiosis indicating where the similarities lie and in which aspects they differ. Don’t forget to mention the primary reason for each type of cell division by indicating the roles that mitosis and meiosis play in human reproduction and development.
4. Identify the different types of chromosomal abnormalities that can lead to disease (e.g., insertions) and describe a disorder associated with one of these aberrations.
5. Membranes are essential components of all cells.
Briefly describe the structure of a eukaryotic plasma membrane, identifying at least two component macromolecules and describing what their basic function is within the membrane. The plasma membrane protects the integrity of the interior of the cell by allowing certain substances in, while keeping other substances out. Summarize the manner in which small molecules are permitted to pass through the membrane ensuring you explain the difference between passive, facilitated, active, and coupled transport by comparing and contrasting them.
Finally, explain the difference between endocytosis and exocytosis and provide an example of a molecule (remembering to state its function) that is transferred using this method.